Sunday, September 29, 2024

August: Emmett's Baptism, Homeschool, and Anniversary Trip

 The pictures uploaded from the end of August to the beginning - sorry for being too lazy to fix it.

Justin and I did an anniversary trip to Seattle at the end of August. We did three different guided tours during our adventure day: a Pike Place Market tasting, kayaking Elliot Bay, and a sunset sailboat ride. It was the best day just me and Justin. Solo time is hard to get with him these days, and I soaked up every minute.

The following day Justin hit a game convention with his brother Jon while I did a solo hike and hit the movies. I came out of the theater with a lot of missed calls, voicemails, and texts regarding Beckham and the emergency room while we were away. It was upsetting to be so far from home and have something like that happen. Mom and Dad assured me everything was fine at this point, so there was no need to stress but I was a mess from that point on until we were home. 

Earlier in the month we camped at Rigby Lake with Chase and Trisha's families. I'm grateful every time my kids spend time with their cousins because that is something I didn't have. What a gift! Trisha and I hiked Table Rock the next day with Justin and Travis, Hailey and Cheng. It felt harder this time than it did four years ago! I think we'll try to do that hike with all our kids when they turn 12.

Emmett was baptized at the beginning on this month. All of Justin's family came from Washington to be a part of it. I find the loyalty Justin's family has to each other really special. I hope my four kids will grow up to care enough to be part of each other's lives like Justin's family is. Mom and Dad spoke - I recorded their talks and have the intention to get those printed and put in his baptism memory book. Logan and his cousin McCoy sang which I was so grateful Trisha talked him into doing, along with playing the piano for the service. Justin's brother and dad gave prayers. I fed our guests afterward at our house - it was nice utilizing the porch and the beautiful weather with so many people showing up to support our boy. He was showered with love and the spirit. It was beautiful.

The week after Emmett's baptism I started homeschooling the boys. I have them both home this year full time. Over the summer I met with some moms and decided to create a full blown homeschool co-op group. I created a year's worth of activities from August-May and hoped people would show up. We did our first meet and greet in August and I was amazed at the turnout. The kids put their handprints on a tree painting sign that another mom made. I am passionate about creating community for my kids and other local homeschool families. Based on the response it has been needed and wanted. We did owl pellets in August which was a huge hit!








































































Beckham loves to do puzzles with me 










































No comments:

Post a Comment