Sunday, May 26, 2024

May Update

For Mother's Day this year Justin took me to a nursery in I.F. and I picked out any and all the flowers I wanted/we could fit in the car. We had all the kids with us so we crammed everything in every corner to get it all home, but I got all the peonies I wanted for some of the final additions to my flowerbeds. I think these will actually bloom which is so exciting to me! They are my favorite flower.






Mom helped me with my front flower bed. I scrapped my fall plans and started over new. Thanks to Mom I only had to buy a few things and she gave me everything else. <3



Mother's Day with my crew <3 I wrote on facebook and I believe it: We're in the thick of it, but I'm convinced we're in the best of it. <3 <3 <3



Speaking of yard stuff: after a ton of research and pondering, Justin decided on a lawnmower. He went with a "roomba" of a lawnmower - so it runs itself by GPS! It was about the same price as one of the fancy turning ones so he thought he might as well save himself three hours each week and let the robot do it for him. The mower honestly works so well. The lines are perfectly straight and it runs almost silently. It is equally hilarious and inspiring to watch. He also fitted himself with a push mower to get some of the grass behind and around the tree line. Watch out other dads - Justin has this yard thing locked in.

The rest of May was pretty chill for us until it got toward the end... 

I volunteered to help with field day at the elementary and ended up helping the 1st grade teacher because they were down a teacher for both classes. This was wonderful because Emmett got to hang with all his buddies from Kindergarten for the day. Logan was Mr. Independent and didn't even want to bother with me when I tried to reapply his sunscreen midway through. It was extremely windy, but it was full sun and the middle of the day so without the breeze we would have been roasting. I came in my full "Shelley" garb with a long button down shirt and wide brimmed hat with zero shame. I'm in my 30's now and I don't want to mess around with unnecessary sun! Don't get me wrong - if I'm at the beach I'll soak in all the happy rays, but field day is not when you cash in on your little sun allowance. It was a great day and it was great when it was over - you could start to see it especially on those younger kids when it was wrapping up that they were done. Overall it was a wonderful experience.



first time making Chicken Pad Thai...yummm

I finally agreed to give this guy a haircut.

Much better

Soon all four will be at the counter for morning breakfast <3

Our first family bike ride to Granny's

Beckham the chicken whisperer

Logan got to run a leg of the class race on field day. He rocked it! He's got that Beal Blood

Two days later I jumped in Mom and Dad's truck with them and Trisha and McCoy to head to Boise. We were on a mission to help Mitzi with her yard. She just began her surrogacy journey and can't lift anything - I mean ANYTHING - so we helped with digging holes for trees, grass for flowerbeds, and by Saturday afternoon  Mitzi had a whole new backyard! Trisha and the brothers and Dad worked on her shaded gazebo the entire time. Alex and I planted all the juniper trees on day one, then had to replant them on day two because we did them too deep - woops! I helped Mom dig out grass to make a new flowerbed which she designed and got all her flowers in. It was the perfect Beal gathering - something to do and time in between to hang out.

Dad the perfectionist: with his measuring tape and pencil ready to get it just right.

The school year wrapped up for public school which meant Kindergarten Graduation for Logan. He absolutely loved Kindergarten with Mrs. Reynolds. We'll see what we have in store for next year. I am taking this homeschool thing one year at a time, but the plan for now is to homeschool both boys for 1st and 2nd grade. Those who are confident in their decisions don't feel the need to justify them to others, so I won't go on and on with why I think this is the better choice for my kids. But at the same time, I give myself permission to change my mind as things evolve, so we shall see. 




We kicked off summer for mutual with a fire and kickball at the shelter. 


I was sick for a few days, and when I was finally feeling well enough to fold the laundry Justin had already done it. I don't deserve him! He's amazing <3

I stayed home sick from church with these two. Beckham was my buddy watching T.V. the whole time while Colby mostly napped. Tomorrow's Memorial Day. I hope to be well enough to get in the outdoors with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment