Sunday, March 24, 2024

Happy Birthday!

Logan boy turned 6 on the 11th! He wanted pumpkin pie instead of cake for his birthday cake so I enlisted Granny's help to bake it for him. That took one thing off my plate as we planned the day around him. Emmett and I went to Family Dollar to get birthday supplies. He helped wrap all of Logan's presents and I made him a birthday banner. We had Granny and Gramps over for dinner and pie to celebrate our boy. He asked for Legos and I also got him a matching sweat pants/sweater combo. Logan is my cozy boy! 

Then a week later I turned 32 on the 20th! I spoiled myself all month by getting exactly what I want and then I'm pleasantly surprised by anything anyone does on my actual birthday. Emmett surprised me with a birthday treasure hunt he wrote, Logan gave me red roses, and to my delight I heard from friends near and far through Facebook and text wishing me a happy day. My ministering sister brought me a caramel apple and Justin surprised me with a nugget ice machine! Talk about luxury. He also made me chocolate cake using my grandma's recipe so that felt extra special. Mom also made me a birthday dinner the Monday before to accommodate my High Low class schedule. 

This weekend Justin threw the first dodgeball tournament through Parks and Rec. I was skeptical and did not want to participate, but he said they needed teams so I had to play. I was pleasantly surprised by how fun it was (but I was nervous to go up against some of these grown men!!). Inevitably there were a couple of Chads that needed to chill out and remember this is Arco Parks and Rec for crying out loud but other than that it was a great day. We had five teams come out; hoping for even more next time.

The kids have had two basketball games through Parks and Rec. Emmett has managed to score which has been so fun for him! Logan is learning the very important step of finding his color to match up and play defense on. He's had some basket attempts but he's not quite hitting the rim yet. Logan had a sweet pass to Emmett that he scored on so that was some fun brother-to-brother action. Emmett and Logan also sang an Easter song in church today. It was their first time singing in front of the congregation. They did a great job! I've been teaching them that song since January. I was so proud of them for pulling it off! I also bribed them $20 each to sing it in church - they earned it! 























The things I find on my phone when he borrows it

beautiful birthday bouquet!

Got my hair done - a bit shorter than I've done it lately. She nailed it!






Saturdays are the kids' one day to play video games. Beckham and I warmed up the consoles for them.































No comments:

Post a Comment