Wednesday, June 1, 2022

May Update

General May update:

School is out! I survived the final weeks of teaching which are ROUGH. I had a few swear words getting through some of those last days with some of those students. Our principal is retiring after 14 years because he is totally burned out after working with our superintendent who started last fall. He was my principal when I was a Jr. in high school and he is the reason I returned to the classroom last fall. I'm grateful I got the chance to have him as a boss before he left Butte County. We have six applicants and there is a clear winner in my opinion for who they should pick to be next but I get to wait and see with the rest.

We got our final house plans back. After some editing points from me, they managed to fit in a bonus room and squeeze a bathtub into the master bathroom. This house would be a dream come true but I'm worried we simply can't afford it anymore with interest rates increasing. We actually looked at a house today for sale down the road from us and across the field from Mom and Dad. It has 10 acres, water rights, a huge lawn and corrals, A GARAGE, a basement, and multiple bedrooms with lots of storage. But it's definitely not great in a lot of ways too and we might be too snobbish to put in an offer. At this point I'd like to just get into a house, but $500,000 in Idaho doesn't get you much anymore. 

Beckham has been a crabby boy today. He's been doing this thing lately: when he's tired he just lays himself on the ground. He has been sleeping a lot lately as well! Could be growth spurt, teething, who knows...?
Playing "Dead Man" with Beckham

Beckham is six new foods away from hitting our "100 foods by first birthday" goal of baby-led weaning. I have 10 days to finish!

They just wanted me to take a random picture of them. Cuties.

Emmett wanted me to take pictures of all his posing.






We were invited to a birthday party - guess who now wants to do all things Pokemon? I was hoping to miss this stage of boyhood...

We planted the garden Memorial Weekend. We got it in just before it rained the entire weekend.



Does dirt count toward his 100 list?

We moved the Catone Asters in about 10 feet from the back which will make the garden feel a much better size and make watering much easier.

I planted Zinnia's in a cute curvy line throughout the flower edge.


Last day of school! I brought the two big kids with me and my students were more enthralled with their dinosaurs than the kids were.
A few 8th grade students got four of us teachers to play Call of Duty. My days of playing Halo with Chase and Keaton paid off because I destroyed!






Taking down this project from last fall - this was my favorite thing.



James and Bonnie came to Pocatello for a wedding so we met them for lunch.



















Justin leads out all of our Come, Follow Me lessons and I love how he teaches our boys <3 





We are fancy and got ourselves an automatic chicken door! Hallelujah!

The family that bought Uncle Steve Tibbitt's house has a million animals. They invited us over to check out all their baby bunnies and goats and admire all their other animals.

Taking blood pressure on Emmett

9 months later I finally finished my postpartum program! I took my healing seriously and am pleased to report so many benefits. My power snatch alone went up 20# and this was just the postpartum work that helped get me there.

Happy 11 months to this happy chunk :)


We put on a science fair - I took pictures of some of my favorite projects.






I'm trying to get more fruits/vegetables into my children. Turns out if you cut them up and place them on a tray looking all beautiful, kids will suddenly want to eat them all :)



















No comments:

Post a Comment