Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Spring Fever

Last Sunday I made Mexican corn chowder - yum!
Logan snuggled up to me while I was reading my scriptures๐Ÿ˜ He fell asleep shortly after I took this
Justin's latest 3D printer project

Monday's weather was pretty nice so we spent a lot of time outside. We saw a lot of melting last week. When I drive to Idaho Falls and Blackfoot there is no snow, so I'm looking forward to ours finally melting away. 



I felt like Bernie Sanders in my lawn chair watching the kids with my legs and arms crossed. They might not mind temps in the 30's but I still do.




Emmett's glue/construction paper creation

Friend time at the church

Tuesday I had an appointment with my midwife. I used the I.F. trip to hit Target for some shoes for the kids and Costco for their gas and ground beef ๐Ÿ˜‚. Gas at Costco is $2.29 but gas in Arco is $2.89! We try to never fill up here ha! I got a fb message from Dave Hansen asking if I'd be interested in helping out with track this spring. That night I had an official interview which was good face-time with the same people who will probably interview me when I decide to return to teaching ๐Ÿ˜‚ Dave texted me the next day that the hiring committee was "very impressed" with me ๐Ÿ˜ that always feels good to hear! So I'm the official mid-distance coach for both middle and high school this spring. My friend from AZ has a daughter that broke the Nevada state record in the 800 m (2:07!!!) and she runs a wicked 400 m (0:55!!!) so I have been getting track workouts from her. The goal is to look like I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚

The kids love coming to Tabitha's house! Saying hello to her kitty
Time to break these babies down into 1 lb bags
Poor Pepper came home with a hurt leg. It looks like some animal got a hold of him and mangled him up a bit.

Wednesday we had temperatures in the 40's. We were in heaven! The kids insisted it was warm enough to play with their play chalk in the morning, but they didn't last long. We did some animal/dinosaur parade busy time and walked at the church while we waited for the warm afternoon. Later we went for a walk to Granny's where she had hot chocolate ready for the kids. We played in the backyard for hours. It was the best day! Thursday was the same story with walking at the church in the morning and play in the yard in the afternoon. As the snow melts it exposes all of Teddy's poop for the last 5 months so I slowly started to pick that up while the kids played. I took the kids to walk at the green belt and watched them play at the park. These days make for the easiest bed times!





Emmett found a "fossil"















Friday I could NOT force myself to do our grocery shopping at the A&A because it is so much more expensive, so I took the kids to I.F. yet again to go to Winco. We treated ourselves to Reed's Dairy on the way home. I hadn't seen much of Justin all week from his hard work on a project with a deadline, so I asked Mom to babysit so we could go on a date. When we got home, Justin saw a truck for sale in our price range. We've been looking for a pickup basically since we bought our minivan six months ago, so we set a time to take a look the next day.



Saturday we headed to Blackfoot to take a gander at it. We were able to talk him down in price and decided to get it! We grabbed lunch for the kids and ate it at the park. It was glorious sitting in the sunshine, no wind, watching my kids play with other kids having a total blast. We bought plane tickets to Seattle to visit the Roses for their spring break in a couple weeks. It was a big-purchase kind of day! ๐Ÿ˜…

Today we did 2nd hour church for the first time in a year. I was having a hard time holding back my tears seeing all my primary kids for singing time in person! It was so good to be back. Being the singing time person is my favorite calling to date.๐Ÿ’—

No comments:

Post a Comment