Monday, March 22, 2021

Happy 29th Birthday

For the last two weeks in singing time I've been teaching the kids "When I am baptized" which sings about rainbows and rain. Emmett has picked the song up, and hearing him sing it is my favorite thing (he's really not a big singer, so this is a new joy for me). Last Sunday night we made rainbow chalk art while reviewing the song. I sang it to him again at bedtime and afterwards he said, "Mommy, that song makes me happy." 😭 Then Logan asked me to sing "I am a Child of God" and afterwards Emmett said, "Mommy, Child of God doesn't make me happy." 😂 Okay bud, to each their own.



Sunday walks and bike rides to Granny's house in the gorgeous weather.
I had to get Logan up from his nap to go to Granny's - he kept laying back down wanting to go back to sleep. 

Emmett saw me taking a picture with Logan and wanted one with him too 💗
He came to sit next to me and passed out shortly after 😂


Monday we did some exploring in Gramp's field and the canal. Emmett collected a ton of bird feathers and we investigated vole tunnels. 




Tuesday I watched Lacy's kids for a few hours. The kids enjoyed playing in the dirt and at the shelter. After they left, it was time to take the kids to the Telford's house so we could go to Shae's play! Justin and I rode with Mom and Dad and met Hart, Jory, and Libby at Texas Roadhouse for dinner. We enjoyed Shae's performance SO much. I can't explain it (other than being pregnant I suppose) but I was holding back tears all night. It was amazing! We gave her a bouquet of flowers afterward to congratulate her on a job well done. I tried to convince my car companions to go get ice cream afterward for the ride home but Mom said she brought dried fruit - as if that is anywhere as good as a blizzard! I begrudgingly ate my share. 


Justin let slip to Emmett that I have fossils. He wouldn't leave me alone about looking at them so on Wednesday I finally decided to show him my rock/fossil collection. While we went through everything we decided my storage system needed an upgrade. We headed to Arco to buy storage bins and decided to play at the park for a while. The weather was amazing. We have to soak up these 40 degree days! I have been looking forward to the day my kids would be interested in my rocks and Emmett's reaction did not disappoint. We'll definitely have to hit some U-dig sites with him soon.




Chillin at the park, checking my tracking number on my birthday present. I got myself a maternity wind breaker which came just in time. As you can see, this one was getting close to un-zippable.
I've been telling the kids about litter and that we always clean up after ourselves because we have good character. Now when they see trash anywhere they say, "That's bad character!" 😂 
Emmett spent the rest of the afternoon looking at my rock collection 💗 We will have to start his own rock collection this summer!


Logan always wants to say hi to the baby😍
Thursday was another beautiful day to play in the dirt. I had track practice that afternoon and CPR training right afterward. I figured that would take an hour or two, so I made sure to eat before practice. Well it was the CPR training from HELL that took FOUR hours. At 9:50 we finally got the written test and I thought "great all I have to do is pass" so I breezed through it. Oh no...I turned it in and she said I couldn't leave - she had to correct it and go over my missed answers with her.
!!!!!!
But don't worry, at 9:30 the instructor said they had drinks/snacks in the back for us. Gee thanks lady I could have used a Dr. Pepper 3.5 hours ago!!!! I was way too pregnant, way too hungry, and it was way past my bedtime. Never again.
Emmett saw me taking pictures/videos of them and wanted to take a picture of me. Here's my windbreaker - I absolutely love it! It converts to wear around you and your baby while wearing a baby carrier, and then converts again to normal when you're skinny again. Love it!


Someone else had a late night Thursday 😂 I came home to cozy Logan watching Scooby Doo in our bed while Justin played V.R. with his buddies. 

Friday we had our first track meet in Terreton. I got there right at the start of the meet (2:30) and they ran the final event at 8:30. The final event happens to be the 4X400 which is basically my main event of the whole meet, so I had to wait it out and be there. It was tough! The weather was freezing with on-and-off rain and constant wind. I drove myself because I refuse to ride the bus (this pregnant lady's got to be able to stop and go potty or get a snack when she needs to, thank you very much) so I was at least able to take breaks sitting in my car between events. 

The one bright side was my boy's 4X400 team absolutely crushed everyone else (even with terrible conditions and it being early in the season, every single one of them were between 57-59 seconds for their splits) and our girl's team ran like I've never seen them before. One gal that constantly complains at practice suddenly had an amazing kick and passed a girl during her leg, and our anchor absolutely flew around that track. I don't think her feet hit the ground - she was flying! I dropped the ball though and missed timing their splits. Too bad because I'll bet you she was close to a minute flat. So I was feeling good at the end ready to hit the gas station and treat myself for the hour drive home...only to find it was CLOSED! I drove home grumpy in the rainy dark. Between that and my CPR class I was ready to call it quits!

Saturday was my birthday - hello 29! Originally we wanted to take a picnic up to Antelope and pick out some rocks to line our flower beds, but we woke up to rain and snow. I convinced Justin to go out to eat lunch as a family so we hit the Golden West for cheeseburgers and a shake. It was pretty lousy and now we never have to go there again. 😂 As much as I would have loved to go get sushi, I was unwilling to drive 3 hours round trip to get some. But I love living here, right? 😂 I didn't mind doing nothing all day because I needed a down day to recover from the track meet, and honestly? that CPR class too. Mom invited us over for cake and ice cream and that was my birthday! Along with my windbreaker, I also got new Hunter boots. I've already put them to good use in our muddy conditions, and I think they'll be great to wear when I check on my future chicken flock one day.😍


Justin decided to throw an Easter egg hunt for the kids in our ward. Then we opened it up to the kids at Emmett's preschool and some other moms in the community, so we'll see how many people we have in a couple weeks. People seem excited and have been donating eggs, bags of candy, and even cash to help make it happen! We're excited. The kids helped Justin stuff eggs on Sunday, and I'm using Brynn's "The Lost Lamb" art to share the message of Easter in a couple of choice eggs. It will be great!




No comments:

Post a Comment