Sunday, February 21, 2021

A low-key sickly week

Valentine cards from the grandparents

Sunday night our neighbors brought the kids a valentine hot chocolate bomb



naps with Logan


Oobleck fun while Logan naps




Tuesday night Emmett made Andes mint chocolate cookies. I tried to let him do as much of it as possible. The plan was to take these to a cookie exchange on Wednesday morning with some friends.



However, Wednesday morning came with a giant barf from Logan accompanied by some diarrhea, so no cookie friend exchange for us. Logan actually was having diarrhea since Monday, but Wednesday seemed to be the day his stomach bug took over. Emmett didn't have any tummy troubles but had a low-energy day so we took it easy. I have a great electrolyte drink (liquid I.V.) I got from Costco just a week earlier (only because my midwife suggested I drink some once and a while because of how much water I drink.) Logan sipped on it between his barfs/poops and he never got dehydrated, so that was wonderful. We took it easy Thursday as well, and woke up Friday to two happy, high energy kids! I am so grateful Justin and I dodged their stomach bugs.


Perfect sick day outfit: pj's and rain boots

When Logan napped on Wednesday I did some simple addition with Emmett



simple addition turned into animal safari which is just fine😍

I guess this seemed like a cozy place for him to lay down😂

"p" for porcupine - Emmett brought home a porcupine craft from preschool hence the toothpicks.


goggles!



Friday and Saturday we had okay weather! Okay enough to bundle up and play outside in the dirt and mud. Their rain boots came just in time.




Still not quite 100% - Logan passed out while I was downloading pictures for my next project.









"Mom, I want to do an activity."

"Me too!!"


We watched the Friend to Friend broadcast and let the kids do some rock art.

Granny and Gramps invited us for Sunday dinner - yum! After roast and mashed potatoes, Granny showed the kids her flower seeds that are starting to sprout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment